Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Warren Jeffs Receives Life in Prison



I don't even really know what to say about this....

Wait, yes I do: Warren Jeffs, you are a dumbass. You have chosen to use the Mormon religion, spirituality, GOD, & the spiritual hope of others to perpetuate a disgusting life fraught with pedophilia & manipulation. 


Although polygamy is illegal, I'm not sure I have a problem with it as long as all participants are willing & of an age where they have the ability to choose for themselves. I suppose the "choice" part is contradictory to why plural marriage exists in the Mormon religion, but I cannot get past the idea that God would want a 12 year old CHILD to be sealed to a man potentially five times her age. 


If God came to me & said, "Jennifer, it is My Word that you marry 13 year old Tommy next door" I'm pretty sure I'd ask him to check his Magic 8 Ball again. Then I would ask him if I could ammend His Word by marrying this guy instead (hey, my blog, my wishful thinking). Mostly because he's so stinkin' dreamy, but he's also OF AGE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment