Sunday, January 16, 2011

NEW Sitcom Review!!!!

So, I recently joined the One2One Network & here's my first project:

I got to preview a new sitcom coming to CMT. "Working Class" makes its debut on CMT January 28 at 7pm, Central Time. Here is the summary for the show straight from CMT's website:

Carli Mitchell (Melissa Peterman) is a single mom from a rough and tumble background, trying to give her kids a better life by moving them to an upscale suburb. She quickly finds that making the transition to "the good life" is harder than she thought. She's unwittingly befriended by her cranky, misanthropic neighbor, Hank (Ed Asner). Her only career prospect is a glorified deli job at the local grocery store, and the man she falls for not only already has a girlfriend, but he's also her boss, Rob (Patrick Fabian). But Carli's attitude is when life gives you lemons, make lemonade ... then add booze. With her catnip-to-the-ladies brother, Nick (Steve Kazee), to help her out (when he's not acting like one of the kids himself), Carli faces the challenges of parenting, dating and making friends in her new community by doing more with less, staying true to herself and approaching each day with a touch of working class.


OK, so now for my review....I signed up for this project because I loved Melissa Peterman on "Reba" (& she looks a bit like my husband's cousin, Krysty) & Ed Asner kind of reminds me of my Papa Donnie. If you are looking for a new show that you can watch with your kiddos in the room, this might be for you. This show seems to be taking a bit higher ground than television shows of late which, as a parent of an increasingly aware 4 year old & a nugget, is refreshing. While some of the jokes & plot lines were a bit predictable, the show was pretty cute. I wish the premiere episode showed more of Carli's kiddos, but I imagine we will see more of them in the future. I loved Ed Asner's character the most; he has a few little one liners that made me giggle (hey, it's bedtime & I'm not about to do anything above a giggle, for fear of waking the monsters). 


So, if you're in the market for a new show that is void of vampires, spoiled rich kids, plastic surgery contests, or anyone from Jersey (no offense, my Jersey Jenn), "Working Class" may be for you! Be sure to check it out on CMT, January 28 at 7pm, Central Time.


P to the S: I am not getting paid to say this stuff, but I am entered in a drawing to win a CMT prize pack. T shirt, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment