Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hey Paul's Stitch Picnic

"Mom, I wanna learn how tah stitch!"

"Mama, can I stitch with you? I want to have my own hoop."

Two phrases I hear a lot. I had been planning to get a few plastic needles for the girls & teaching them a simple stitch or two. So when Kristen of Hey Paul Studios announced a Stitch Picnic at Loose Park, I was really excited to take the girls & share this with them. 

Several of us got together near the Rose Garden to work on projects & simply enjoy each other's company. The day was beautiful & we had a great time.









What a fun day to spend with others learning new things & seeing what others create. Throw in a near mauling by a squirrel, & you've got yourself a fantastic afternoon! The girls loved sitting in a really awesome tree & just stitching. They even asked to "knit" on the way home in the car. 





Thanks, Kristen, for a great day! Be sure to follow Hey Paul Studios for info on fun stitching events in KC. And check out Handmade in KC for a great group of local makers.

2 comments:

  1. We had such a fun time! I'm so glad we got to hang out for the afternoon. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful. It goes down as one of my favorite Sundays. We will do it again. Squirrels and all! ��

    ReplyDelete